We have all seen kids wearing these obnoxious shirts. You, like me, probably have one or two friends who wear them. Can someone please explain why these are so popular to me? Are they meant to be ironic or something? Maybe they think wearing bright colors will gain them more attention? I mean, I own a purple t-shirt, but it's plain. It doesn't have words spilled across it talking about dancing or some other stupid phrase about rock n' roll.

If I remember correctly, the first time I saw these shirts gaining popularity was due to the band Hellogoodbye. They always wore bright shirts with silly childish cartoons on them. At the time it seemed funny. As if they were mocking how seriously people take thier clothing. But in all actuality they may have helped spawn a ridiculous fashion trend. These shirts are basically the "scene", "emo", "hipster",or whatever stupid word you would like, version of Affliction or Tapout shirts. Both incredibly horrible fashion choices. Don't even get me started on the super busy print hoodies that kids are wearing these days.
God I feel old.

No comments:
Post a Comment