Sunday, January 11, 2009

I had a dream... But that was a long time ago...

For some reason when people talk about their dreams I would always tell them that I never remember mine. I tell them this as if it would make me more interesting or something. I don't have any reasoning behind that, I'm just strange. But more than likely it's because I really don't care about other people's dreams. Why should we? A wise man once said, "Dreams are like pictures. If I'm not in them, or nobody is having sex, then I don't care. Stop talking to me about it.". I agree with that, as I'm sure most of us do. Some people just act as if they are interested.



The truth of the matter is that I actually do have a hard time remembering my dreams. I can recall them for the first 5 minutes that I am awake, but after that I forget. But as of late, I am remembering more. I have noticed that a specific person keeps making appearances in my dreams. Sometimes I wake up mad at that person for what they did during my slumber. I wish it wasn't happening because when I see this person in real life, I remember what they were doing in my dreams. So of course, I did what any logical person would do. I looked up the word "dreams" at a very reliable source. Wikipedia! Basically wikipedia explained to me that obviously this person is planning to murder me and that I must murder said person first if I want any chance of survival. So... basically, if you don't see me or hear from me me in the next few days, or maybe ever again, know that you didn't do anything.

So now that we know Wikipedia is relatable to a backseat driver, we can assume they will offer us no real help. So I turned to Google, as if thinking this would be any more helpful. Turns out it was, and this is what I found out...

THEY ARE JUST DREAMS!!!

If you are stupid and can't figure it out, this entire post has been largly sarcastic.

When you are asleep you are using a completely different part of your brain than when you are conscious. Now, the people who are on your mind, or even not on your mind at all are likely to pop up in your dreams... why wouldn't they? You subconsciously remember people. Just like you subconsciously remember what a hot air balloon is and suddenly you are riding in one on your way to Oz with Randy Savage, Oprah and the dad from The Wonder Years. Randomness will pop in and out of your dreams. Buying in to any hocus pocus is your buisness, but what good is it going to do? Sure dreaming that your teeth falling out supposedly means that you have insecurities, but it's not like that dream suddenly cracked someones case of what's wrong with their life. Everyone is insecure about something and everyone knows that. Interpreting your dreams is like trying to figure out an ending to a movie. Sure, it might be interesting to attempt, but at the end of the day it's not real. They are not giving you any knowledge to help you in your real life. If any of this is making you mad, see the second paragraph of my first post.

P.S. I didn't really murder anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment